Sunday, January 3, 2010

Kirtan - Last Night

Drove up to Denton last night for kirtan with Rudra Das at the Yoga Hut. I've been to a few kirtans before and love singing, so these events are always right up my alley. A teacher of mine was telling me the other day about her experience with a recent kirtan. She said that she had trouble sleeping that night because of all the spiritual energy and vibrations that had stayed with her. While I understood the concept when she spoke of it, this wasn't an experience I'd had in the past. Last night I understood what she was talking about. I finished kirtan at 9:30, drove home, and finally passed out at 1 am! I'm usually dead at 10. When our 2 year old woke us up at 6:45 this morning, I was bright and ready to go. I could still feel the energy of last night's experience. Now I know what she spoke of. It's what I imagine it must be like to drink a bunch of coffee, or smoke a bunch of cigarettes. The boost is incredible! Perhaps they should market kirtan to college students who need to stay awake all night to study. "Hey kids, take a break to sing Jai Ma and then get back to your studying!" What an experience. Can't wait for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment